THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, August 5, 2011

I have Waldorf and Montessori on the BRAIN!




The past two years we have been "unschooling" in our Waldorf inspired home. We have enjoyed every minute of our adventures but with the latest change in the winds I have sensed the very transition I have been secretly avoiding, my little girl is growing up!

K is a very free spirit with a really intense personality. She know exactly what she wants and how she wants it. She has found a way to create her own structure all while keeping her head firmly planted in the clouds. Public School would have no place in her little world right now and nor should it, not with a Mommy who is more then qualified to scratch her brains educational itch at home... why rush things? We have spent a few months talking as the right moments arise about her options, It's important to me that K has some involvement in choosing her next journey. Eventually I would like her to attend a small charter school down town and I will start the lottery process for her fall 2012 enrollment soon, BUT until then we have decided that she will be schooling from home for a year, and we are both very excited!



Now.. the question at hand.. what direction will we be taking?


I'll go ahead and save you the loooong story of the past 10 years I spent as a Early Childhood Educator for the largest "Child Care Corporation in the U.S." but I will say I defiantly know what I DON'T want! I've spent quite some time recently exploring the home school curriculum that is available to parents. I have looked in the box and out of the box and must admit I'm a bit drained, and torn. It is no big shocker that we are a "crunchy" family, well on our way off the beaten main stream path. If you've been in my home or had a peek into my world thru my posts and pictures you would probably guess I'm a Waldorf mama.. and you'd be right. I am in love. Our Pagan lifestyle has been a magical experience for her over the years, and our home will remain Waldorf inspired for many years to come... OK OK forever. Buuut when I look at my little girl I'm truly blown away by all the different shinny wheels (not just wooden) I see spinning away in that cute little head of hers.
While her Dr. Jekyll is craving some structure, her Mr. Hyde demands some freedom. What to do? What to do? ... how about a little bite from both sides of the mushroom? Sounds pretty yummy to me.











0 comments: